How do you get from the airport to your resort?

How do you get from the airport to Disney?

• Uber/Lyft

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Rent a car

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Taxi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mears

• 3rd party service

• Total voters

Charlie

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2024
With the loss of Magical Express, I'm always interested in how folks get from the airport to their resorts.

I took the Mears bus, and it was cheap, as it was less than $20 for my ride from the airport to the resort.

However, my issue was it took almost 2 hours to get from the airport to the resort.
mears.jpg

I miss the Disney Magical Express, but it's still Mears Connect running the backend. It was nice for them to pick up my luggage and bring it to the resort. For my short trips, it keeps my transportation relatively cheap.

I've done Mears several times - I miss the Magical Express FOR SURE!

I've rented a car, and it was not always the most fun! Uber is easy, but not cheap!

We had Mears Connect scheduled, but I cancelled & opted for Away We Go. I heard about it in Instagram (@thosemagicaldays) they’ll privately pick us up (so we’re not waiting for anyone else) take us right to the resort, and then take our bags to the resort.

I've just started renting a car with a family of 4. Magic Express or the Tragic Express as we refer to it now was awesome. Didn't touch your checked baggage it magically arrived into your room.

For Uber, we have to do an UberXL, which can be pricey at peak times, and there's no way this Magic Mama is going to pay Minnie Van prices! I think it was $250-300 before tip! Ouch!

We have a trip planned shortly. Since we are staying on property I can’t decide if it’s better to rent a car or just Uber. It’s 4 days and the rental car is $200 all in, versus $50 each way with Uber to MCO. Not counting any other little trips we might want to take.

Back